Higher Structures in China III
Recently, higher categories have appeared in many aspects of mathematics. Higher Structures in China is a series of conferences aimed at bringing together international and Chinese mathematicians in various intersecting areas of research to facilitate the exchange ideas and further the development of applications of higher structures in their respective fields.
This is the third conference of the series, and it will be held at the Mathematics School & Institute of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin Province, from August 13-19, 2012. The first and the second conference Higher Structures in China, Higher Structures in China II were held in October 2010 and August 2011, respectively.
The program will include mini-courses and expository and research talks by participants. We hope to also provide ample opportunities for participants to interact informally to explore common interests and to generate ideas for future collaboration. (Click here for more pictures).
- Yunhe Sheng (Jilin University): ysheng888(at)gmail.com, +86-150-4405-4878
- Weiwei Pan (Universität Göttingen)
- Chenchang Zhu (Universität Göttingen)
- Li Guo (Rutgers University at Newark)
- Fei Han (National University of Singapore)
- Alex Hoffnung (University of Ottawa)
- Aaron Lauda (University of Southern California)
- Jianghua Lu (The University of Hong Kong)
- Marco Mackaaij ((Universidade do Algarve, Faro)
- Dany Majard (Kansas State University)
- Jeffrey Morton (CAMGSD)
- Chris Rogers (Goettingen University)
- Heather Russell (University of Southern California)
- Jiajun Wang* (Peking University)
- Hao Zheng* (Peking University)
"*"-to be confirmed
The scientific program starts on Monday, August 13th, and ends on Wednesday, August 15th. Aug. 16-18, free discussion.
Schedule for Monday 13 Aug
|08:50 - 09:00||REGISTRATION and PHOTO|
|09:00 - 09:50||Aaron Lauda||Categorical Lie algebra actions and categorified quantum groups (I) [slides]|
|10:00 - 10:50||Marco Mackaay|| The sl(3) web algebra (I)[slides]slides
|11:10 - 12:00||Jeff Morton||Groupoidification and Categorification of Algebras (I)|
|15:00 - 15:50||Jianghua Lu||On a class of interated Poisson polynomial algebras[slides]|
|16:10 - 16:40||Poster Session|
|16:40 - 17:40||Question Hour for Graduate Students and Post-docs|
|18:00 - ???||DINNER|
Schedule for Tuesday 14 Aug
|09:00- 09:50||Aaron Lauda||Categorical Lie algebra actions and categorified quantum groups (II)[slides]|
|10:00 - 10:50||Marco Mackaay||The sl(3) web algebra (II) (slides see above)|
|11:10 - 12:00||Heather Russell|| Odd cohomology of type A Springer varieties[slides] or slides |
|12:00 - 15:00||LUNCH BREAK|
|15:00 - 15:50||Li Guo|| Successors and duplicators of operads[slides]|
|16:10 - 17:00||Fei Han||Equivariant Cohomology via Gauged Supersymmetric Field Theories I|
|17:30 - 19:00||Banquet|
Schedule for Wednesday 15 Aug
|09:00- 09:50||Dany Majard|| The structure of $n$-tuple groupoids and the Poincar\'e double group.[slides]|
|10:00 - 10:50||Chris Rogers|| Towards higher geometric quantization[slides]|
|11:10 - 12:00||Fei Han||Equivariant Cohomology via Gauged Supersymmetric Field Theories II|
|12:00 - 15:00||LUNCH BREAK|
|15:00 - 15:50||Jeff Morton||Groupoidification and Categorification of Algebras (II)|
|16:10 - 17:00||Alex Hoffnung|| Formal Convolution Hecke Algebras[slides]|
|18:00 - ???||Dinner|
The deadline for registration is 'May 1st, 2012'.
If you wish to register for Higher Structures in China III, please contact Yunhe Sheng at ysheng888(at)gmail.com.
At this point we are no longer accepting proposals for talks and mini-courses.
All local expenses for speakers (these include: meals, lodging, the conference excursion) will be covered by Jilin University.
A room will be booked for you once you've registered.
Getting to Changchun
- By air: The Changchun Longjia International Airport is 31 km from the downtown.
- By train: The main train station, the Changchun Railway Station, is located in the city center and has lines connecting Changchun with most major cities in China. If you are planning to travel by train to/from Changchun, you may wish to consult with Yunhe Sheng, as booking train tickets in China may be a bit complicated for the uninitiated.
- Zhuo Chen (Tsinghua University)
- Jonathan Chiche (Denis Diderot University Paris 7)
- Malte Dehling (Goettingen University)
- Wenfeng Dong (Henan University)
- Fang Huang (Henan University)
- Paul F. Gibson(Delaware State University)
- Honglei Lang (Peking University)
- Ling Liu (Beijing )
- Du Li (Goettingen University)
- Sylvie Paycha (Universite de Clermont-Ferrand II FRANCE )
- Daniel Tubbenhauer (Goettingen University)
- Xiaomeng Xu (Peking University)
- Yanbin Yin (Henan University)
- Bin Zhang (Sichuan University)
- Zhujun Zheng (South China Uni. of Technology)
- Deshou Zhong (China Youth Uni. for Political Sciences)